Noun:- A noun is a word used as name of a person, place or thing.
Types of Noun:-
- Proper Noun:- A proper noun refers to the name of a person, place or thing.
- Common Noun:- A common noun is a noun referring to a person,place or thing in general sense. for eg. boy, girl etc.
- Collective Noun:- A collective noun is the name of a group of persons or things taken together and spoken of as a whole. for eg. Team, Committee, Army etc.
- Material Noun:- A material noun is the name of metal or substance, of which thing are made of. such as copper, silver, goldetc.
- Some nouns are used in singular form and are known as uncountable nouns.eg. furniture, poetry, hair, knowledge etc.
- A countable noun is a noun with both a singular and a plural form and it names anything that one can count.
- some nouns are used only in plural form. such as:- tongs, congratulations, riches, remains, thanks, spectacles, fireworks etc.